We're a private nonprofit organization. We were born in 1972, with the aim of bringing together science and Euskera. We took the first steps as a cultural association, and in 2002 we became a foundation. Together with the foundation, the Elhuyar group also includes the companies Zubize SLU and Eleka Ingeniaritza linguistikoa SL.
While science and the Basque are still very important pillars, we are currently an organization that provides services for the application of advanced knowledge. We help businesses, social partners and administrations to find innovative solutions to meet the challenges of globalisation with a multidisciplinary approach. To remain a reference in the development of the Basque Country and Basque society, we work with professionals from science, artificial intelligence, lexicography, translation, linguistic management and social improvement.
Mission: to build, from the Basque Country, an active, critical and egalitarian society, making use of technology and knowledge and investing in the dissemination of science.
- Continuous innovation
- Organization adapted to the needs of each moment
- Community articulation
- Strengthening the work team
- Dissemination of Elhuyar's work in society
Elhuyar group values
We give priority to responsibility before society, and our objective is social transformation. We are committed to our work, our coworkers and our customers.
We have a long trajectory, and our spine is a trained work team that has a long experience. We seek knowledge and quality.
We work as a team both internally and externally, sharing knowledge. Teamwork and collaboration are the axes of our activity.
We move forward without fear of exploring new areas. In our day to day we encourage initiative, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our relations are based on respect for people and mutual trust. We seek the satisfaction of both the work team and the collaborators and clients.
The patron of the Elhuyar Foundation
- Eustakio Arrojeria EguskitzaVice-President
- Jesus Mari Ugalde↓ -Etxeberria
- Jose Mari Rodriguez Ibabe
- Xanti Goñi Zabala
- Imanol Telleria Iturrioz
- Itziar Laka Mugarza
- Leire Cancio Orueta
- Rafael Bañales Arrula
- Libe Mimenza Castillo
- Look at Karmele Gomez
- Alfonso Mujika Etxeberria Secretary
- Jon April OlaetxeaGeneral coordinator
- Arantza Díaz de Ilraza Sánchez
- Itziar Alkorta Idiakez
- Iñaki Alegria Loinaz
- Jose Mari Pitarke de la TorrePresidente
- TecnrentJoseba Laka Mugarza
- NEIKERLeire Barañano Orbe
- Department of Education of the Government
- Department of Economic Development, Sustainability and Environment of the Government
- Directorate for Linguistic Equality of GipuzkoaGarbiñe Mendizabal Mendizabal
- UsurbilAgurtzane Solaberrieta Mesa
Jon Abril Olaetxea
Itziar Cortes Etxabe
Language and Technology
Josu Aztiria Urtaran
Artificial intelligence in the linguistic field
Garazi Andonegi Beristain
Maddi Etxebarria Bilbao
Manex Urruzola Arrate
Izaskun Etxebeste Arozena
Economy and finance