1. Who is the Data Controller?
The Data Controller is ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA, an entity domiciled in Usurbil (Gipuzkoa), Zelai Haundi, 3, Osinalde Industrial Estate, registered in the Registry of Foundations of the Basque Country with F134 and C.I.F. G-20780896.
2. How have we obtained your data?
The data we process in ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA have been obtained from yourself, through (i) the different forms that you fill out during browsing through the WEBSITE and/or through other channels (e.g. registration as a user of the WEBSITE – where applicable –, contact forms, registration forms in competitions, events and/or activities organized by ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA, forms relating to job offers and/or selection processes, etc. ); (ii) by sending a consultation email; or (iii) by other duly identified collection systems, such as the video surveillance system implemented in our facilities.
In addition, we inform you of the possible processing of your social media data through the corporate profiles that ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA maintains available on each social network in which it is present, all in the terms and conditions established in each social network.
3. What kind of data do we process?
The data that we process in ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA are those that you have provided to us during your browsing of the WEBSITE, through the appropriate forms that we use to formalize our contact with you and/or through email, as well as those others that, if applicable, we obtain through the corporate profiles of ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA in the social networks in which we are present.
In particular at ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA we treat the following categories of data:
- Identification and contact data (e.g. name, surname, D.N.I., postal and electronic address, telephone, etc. ).
- Bank and financial transaction data.
- Codes and identification keys as registered user of the WEBSITE.
- Internet browsing data (e.g. IP address, visits to web pages, connections to wifi networks, etc. ).
- Images captured in the context of an event or activity organized by ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA.
- Data on personal characteristics, training, employment, etc. (in the case of applications/job offers and/or selection processes of ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA in which you participate voluntarily.
- Images captured by the video surveillance system implanted in the accesses to our facilities.
4. For what purpose do we process your data and under what legitimacy?
The processing of your personal data is for the following purposes:
- Manage and process your registration as a user of the WEBSITE, where possible.
- Manage your access and use of the contents and services that ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA makes available through the WEBSITE, including blog services, social networks or any other functionalities that at any time are accessible from the WEBSITE.
- Process and manage the contracting of products or services that, if applicable, formalize with ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA through the WEBSITE or by any other means, manage the sending of such products and, in general, maintain, manage and contralar the contractual relationship that you establish with us as an acquirer of our products or services.
- Process and manage the request for information, suggestions, complaints or claims made through the WEBSITE or email.
- To send you by different means, including electronic, commercial and advertising communications from ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA and other entities of the group in which it is integrated (duly identified on the website www.elhuyar.eus), with respect to products, services, offers, promotions and any other relevant information concerning such entities, provided that you have consented to it.
- Manage your subscription to our service “Aldizkariko-buletina” and send the corresponding electronic communications, provided that you have consented.
- Manage your participation in competitions, activities and events organized by ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA in which you voluntarily register.
- In cases where it would have consented, manage and disseminate the contests, activities and events organized by ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA.
- Manage your application for employment or your enrollment in a job offer and your participation in the corresponding selection process.
- Guarantee the safety and integrity of people and goods by capturing images through the video surveillance system implemented in the access and inside our facilities.
The processing of your personal data by ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA, in accordance with the applicable regulations, is based (i) on your consent, granted at the time of the collection of your personal data that you voluntarily provide to us through the mechanisms enabled for the purpose on the WEBSITE; (ii) on the relationship established with us in the cases of contracting our products and services; or (iii) on the legitimate interest of processing
We remind you that, at any time, where the processing is based on your consent, you can revoke it freely and free of charge, in the terms set out in Paragraph 7 below.
5. To whom do we communicate your data?
We inform you that your personal data may be communicated to the following third parties:
- Bodies and Public Administrations to which, if applicable, ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA has a legal obligation to communicate its data.
- If you have consented, entities of the business group in which ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA is integrated (duly identified on the website www.elhuyar.eus), for the purposes of attending to your requests and queries and/or sending commercial communications concerning those entities and their respective activities or products.
- When you have consented, collaborating entities of ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA in order to allow the dissemination of contests, events and/or activities organized together with ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA in their own channels. The transferring entities will be identified at the time of collecting the data.
International transfers of your data are not expected.
6. How long will we keep your data?
In general, the personal data will be kept as long as you do not revoke your consent to the processing or request its deletion, as well as the time necessary to comply with the legal obligations that ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA must observe.
In any case, we inform you that ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA has established internal data purification policies aimed at controlling the retention periods of personal data held by it, so these may be cancelled when they are no longer necessary and/or suitable for the purpose for which they were collected.
In particular, the following is stated:
- As far as the video surveillance system implemented in our facilities is concerned, it is stated that the images captured will be deleted within a maximum of one month.
- For job application management, your data will be kept for a maximum period of 2 years.
7. What are your rights?
The applicable data protection regulations grant you a series of rights relating to your personal data that you may exercise during the processing thereof. These rights are as follows:
- Access to your data: you have the right to access your data to know what personal data we are processing.
- Request the rectification or deletion of your data: in certain circumstances, you have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you that are the subject of processing by us or, even, to request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data were no longer necessary for the purposes that were collected.
- Request the limitation of the processing of your data: in certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your data, in which case we inform you that we will only retain them for the exercise or defense of claims as provided by applicable data protection regulations.
- To the portability of your data: in certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal data that concerns you, and that you have provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another controller.
- Object to the processing of your data: in certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you have the right to object to the processing of your data in which case, we would stop processing it unless, for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defence of possible claims, these should be preserved.
You also have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal.
Finally indicate that you can file a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority (in Spain, the Spanish Data Protection Agency), especially when you have not obtained satisfaction in the exercise of your rights. You can contact the Authority through its website: www.aepd.es.
8. Security measures
ELHUYAR FUNDAZIOA will treat your data at all times in an absolutely confidential manner and keeping the mandatory duty of secrecy with respect to them, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection regulations, taking to this effect the necessary technical and organizational measures that guarantee the security of your data and prevent its alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorized access, taking into account the state of the technology exposed and the risks that are stored.