The students show their projects in Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka
- The 20 finalist teams have been present at the fair held in Bilbao. In the process developed throughout the course, 353 boys and girls participated.
- They get as a prize for stays in research companies, study grants and trips to national and international fairs.
Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka started at 12:00 with the official opening. At the opening of the Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka fair in 2021, Koldo Narbaiza Olaskoaga, Councillor of the Basque Area and Education of the City of Bilbao, Eva Armesto Macías, Deputy Director of Economic Promotion of Bizkaia, Begoña Pedrosa Lobato
During the morning, students between 12 and 18 years old have presented the scientific projects carried out during the course. Due to the health situation, only the 20 finalist groups have been able to participate in the Bilbao fair, where several universities have also presented their research projects. The aim of the Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka fair is to promote the scientific vocation among youth and promote and disseminate scientific culture.
It is worth noting the participation of research personnel and their commitment to this project, in which 223 researchers and researchers from universities and technological centers registered at the beginning of the course to work with the students. In addition, it is worth noting the presence at the fair of the professional area of the research staff, which has been present to show the projects of different universities: the research group of Hydroenvironmental Processes (HGI) of the School of Science and Technology, the research group GLUTEN3S of the Faculty of Pharmacy and the research group ENEDI of the School of Engineering, all of the UPV
Award Award The award ceremony took place in the Ensanche building at 5 p.m. and was broadcast in streaming. The event was led by Nerea Arriola and the awards were given by the sponsors of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka. The work awarded was as follows:
- The team “GDS (Girls Doing Science)” at IES Uribarri has received the award “Bizkaia Talent Scholarships for Team Members” for the work “SENTSORE-19: Aforo zenbatzailea eta CO2 neurgailua”.
- The “Belestial Industries” team at IES Uribarri has received the award “Participation in Science in Action for a professor (with his team)”, for the work “AirRactor: ikasgela aireztatzeko prototype”.
- The team “Mafaldak- 2” of the Somorcara Training Center has obtained the award “Accreditation of the team for the Open Science fair in Cambre, La Coruña” for his work “Eguzki-Hozkailu jasangarria”.
- The “Oxycilin” team at IES Elorrio has been awarded the “Accreditation for the Galiscience fair for two of its components”, for the work “Antibiotic resistance”.
- The IES Barañáin has won the award “Accreditation for the team for the Expo Jove Fair of Catalonia”, for his work “Study of mammals through phototrapping techniques”.
- The team “Teknourola” of the IES Urola Ikastola has received the award “Accreditation for 3 people for the Portuguese National Show fair”, for his work “Lur azpiko urak ateratzeko system”.
- Lauro Ikastola’s “Lauroko Astronautak” team has received the award “Team Accreditation for the ‘I giovani e le scienze’ fair in Milan” for the work “Urteroko lekaleen hazien ernetzea ikertzen mikrograbitate baldintzetan, espaziora eramateko helburuarekin”.
The other 13 finalist teams have won stays in research centers in the network of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka. All jobs are available on the fair website: https://labur.eus/2zL8H
The Zientzia Azoka initiative, organized by Elhuyar, has the collaboration of the Department of Education of the Basque Government, the FECYT (Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology), the Provincial Council of Bizkaia, the City of Bilbao, the Government of Navarra and Erabi.
Sponsors of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka:
Collaborators of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka: