Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka will be held in person on 5 June in Bilbao
- That day, the twenty projects highlighted by the jury will be exhibited at the Arenal de Bilbao
- From today, until Friday, the virtual activities of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka will be held: meetings with research staff, workshops, talks...
Usurbil, 31 May 2021
The science fair Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka will be held in person on 5 June in the Arenal de Bilbao. There, boys and girls between 12 and 18 years old will present the scientific projects they have carried out during the course. Of the 110 projects presented in this edition, the jury has selected 20, which will be the only ones participating in the event, due to the health situation we live. In the afternoon, the awards ceremony will take place, which will be streamed from the Ensanche building. The aim of the Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka fair is to foster the scientific vocation among young people, bring them closer to the real world of science and technology and promote and disseminate scientific culture.
The virtual fair Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka, meanwhile, will take place from today, until next Friday. On the one hand, students who have developed their projects will meet with research staff and share their research project. On the other hand, every morning, at 10:00 hours, researchers and researchers will offer live workshops and, at 12:00, there will be meetings between students and research staff. The all-week program is available on the web: https://labur.eus/OPONt
In Zientzia Azoka, the science fair in Elhuyar, students, research centres and universities from the Basque Country also participate. Throughout the 9 years of the Zientzia Azoka has been woven an extensive and solid network. Thanks to it, the research staff acts as a guide and advisor to the participating boys and girls, and intervenes in the process of evaluating the submitted works. Next Saturday, they will be present at Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka, and the universities will have their own stand to present their research project in public.
Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka in data
- 353 young people from 32 schools present 110 projects: 197 girls, 153 boys, 1 non-binary
- There were 40 groups from Bizkaia, 33 from Gipuzkoa, 26 from Navarra, 4 from Alava and 4 from other state fairs.
- There were, in total, 84 ESO and 26 Baccalaureate groups.
- 82 projects have been presented in Basque, 19 in Spanish and 9 in English.
- The papers presented are divided into 8 topics: biology/geology, energy, physics/chemistry, social sciences, humanities, engineering/technology, environment/ecology, health.
- All submitted works are available on the Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka website: https://labur.eus/2zL8H
Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka virtual
Due to the pandemic situation, the process for the 2020-2021 course has been carried out online; students have developed their projects in schools, and have maintained contacts with professional research staff through video calls. Facing the fair to be held on Saturday, the situation does not allow all groups of young people who have participated during the course have the opportunity to attend, so they will be in Bilbao the 20 finalist groups.
The initiative Zientzia Azoka, organized by Elhuyar, has the collaboration of the Department of Education of the Basque Government, the FECYT (Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology), the Provincial Council of Bizkaia, the City of Bilbao, the Government of Navarra and Erabi.
Sponsors of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka
Contributors of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka