Deadline for submission of work for the CAF-Elhuyar awards
- The deadline for delivering the work is 6 February.
- EUR 13,000 will be allocated in 4 categories.
The objective of the CAF-Elhuyar Awards is to recognize and promote the dissemination of scientific and technological research and topics in Basque. This year’s motto is Look further. The deadline for the delivery of the work is 6 February and should be sent to the following address: cafelhuyarsariak.elhuyar.eus
The event is organized by Elhuyar, with the sponsorship of the company CAF and in collaboration with NEIKER. The awards are divided into three categories: dissemination articles, journalistic papers and creation grants.
- Original disclosure articles. This category is divided into two subcategories: general disclosure articles and disclosure articles based on the doctoral thesis of the author or the author. Whoever wins in each subcategory will receive a prize of 2,000 euros, an annual subscription to Elhuyar magazine and a sculpture by Imanol Andonegi Mendizabal.
- Scientific journalism. The winner will receive 2,000 euros, an annual subscription to Elhuyar magazine and a sculpture.
- Creation grant. This category includes projects that address the interaction between science/technology and society. The authors of the selected projects will receive a grant of EUR 5,000 for their execution and a sculpture.
The NEIKER Prize will also be awarded for the best article related to the primary sector; the prize amounts to €2,000 and is compatible with the other prizes.