The CAF-Elhuyar competition is already underway in order to take a closer look
- Elhuyar organizes the CAF-Elhuyar awards in collaboration with the company CAF and with the sponsorship of NEIKER.
- The motto of the 2023 edition will be Look further.
- Work may be submitted until 6 February 2023.
The new edition of the CAF-Elhuyar Awards is already underway. The aim of the awards is to publicize and promote the dissemination of research and scientific and technological issues in Basque.
The competition is organised by Elhuyar, in collaboration with the company CAF and with the sponsorship of NEIKER.
The motto of the 2023 edition is "Look further." On this occasion, the message of the motto is associated with this phrase by Isaac Newton: “If I have seen further, it’s putting me on the shoulders of giants.” In fact, that is the key to scientific knowledge: far from the stereotype of genius he creates from scratch, researchers look further from what his predecessors discovered in order to make new discoveries. And that is where he wants to insist on the current edition of the CAF-Elhuyar competition; with this motto we want to contribute to broadening the scientific culture, starting from current knowledge and looking to the future. Work may be presented in the following categories:
- Original disclosure articles. It consists of two subcategories: general divulgation articles and divulgation articles based on the author's or author's doctoral thesis. In each subcategory, the winner will receive a prize of 2,000 euros, an annual subscription to Elhuyar magazine and a sculpture by Imanol Andonegi Mendizabal.
- [Scientific journalism]. The winner will receive 2,000 euros, an annual subscription to Elhuyar magazine and a sculpture.
- [Creation scholarship]. This category includes projects that address the interaction between science/technology and society. The authors of the selected projects will receive a grant of EUR 5,000 for their development and a sculpture.
The NEIKER Prize will also be awarded to the best article related to the primary sector; the prize consists of 2,000 euros, and is compatible with the other prizes.
Work must be submitted by 6 February 2023 in this direction: cafelhuyarsariak.elhuyar.eus