Students present their projects in Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka
- The 20 finalist teams have been present at the fair held in Bilbao. In the process developed throughout the course 353 boys and girls participated.
- They earn as a prize stays in research companies, scholarships and trips to national and international fairs.
The 20 finalist teams have been present at the fair held in Bilbao. In the process developed throughout the course 353 boys and girls participated.
They earn as a prize stays in research companies, scholarships and trips to national and international fairs.
Bilbao, 5 June 2021
Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka has started at 12:00 with the official opening. In the opening of the fair Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka of 2021 have participated Koldo Narbaiza Olaskoaga, councilor of the Area of Basque and Education of the City of Bilbao, Eva Armesto Macías, deputy director of Economic Promotion of the Provincial Council of Bizkaia, Begoña Pedrosa Government
Throughout the morning, students between 12 and 18 years old have exhibited the scientific projects carried out during the course. Due to the health situation, only the 20 finalist groups have been able to participate in the Bilbao fair, in which several universities have also presented their research projects. The aim of the Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka fair is to foster the scientific vocation among youth and promote and disseminate scientific culture.
It is important to highlight the participation of research staff and their commitment to this project, in which 223 researchers from universities and technology centers enrolled at the beginning of the course to work with students. In addition, it is worth mentioning the presence at the fair of the professional area of the research staff, which has been present to show the projects of different universities: the research group of Hydroenvironmental Processes (HGI) of the Faculty of Science and Technology, the research group GLUTEN3S of the Faculty of Pharmacy and the research group ENEDI of the School of Engineering, all of the UPV
The awards ceremony was held at the Ensanche building, at 5 pm, and has been broadcast on streaming. The event was conducted by Nerea Arriola and the sponsors of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka presented the prizes. The award-winning works were as follows:
- The “GDS (Girls Doing Science)” team of the IES Uribarri has received the “Bizkaia Talent Grants for Team Members” award for the work “SENTSORE-19: Aforo zenbatzailea eta CO2 neurgailua”.
- The team “Belestial Industries” of the IES Uribarri has received the award “Participation in Science in Action for a teacher (with his team)”, for the work “AirRactor: ikasgela aireztatzeko prototipoa”.
- The “Mafaldak- 2” team of the Somorrostro Training Center has won the “Accreditation of the team for the Open Science fair in Cambre, La Coruña” for their work “Eguzki-Hozkailu jasangarria”.
- The team “Oxycilin” of the IES Elorrio has been awarded the “Accreditation for the Galiciencia fair for two of its components”, for the work “Antibiotic resistance”.
- The IES Barañáin has obtained the award “Accreditation for the team for the Fair Exporecerca Jove of Catalonia”, for his work “Study of mammals by means of phototrapping techniques”.
- The team “Teknourola” of the IES Urola Ikastola has received the award “Accreditation for 3 people for the fair Mostra Nacional Portuguesa”, for his work “Lur azpiko urak ateratzeko system”.
- The team “Lauroko Astronautak” of Lauro Ikastola has received the award “Accreditation of the team for the fair ‘I giovani e le scienze’ of Milan”, for the work “Urteroko lekaleen hazien ernetzea ikertzen mikrograbitate baldintzetan, espaziora eramateko helburuarekin”.
The other 13 finalist teams have won stays in research centers of the Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka network. All works are available on the fair website: https://labur.eus/2zL8H
The initiative Zientzia Azoka, organized by Elhuyar, has the collaboration of the Department of Education of the Basque Government, the FECYT (Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology), the Provincial Council of Bizkaia, the City of Bilbao, the Government of Navarra and Erabi.
Sponsors of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka:
Contributors of Elhuyar Zientzia Azoka: